Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Nancyfest: Gentleman's Fancy Socks and Canal du Midi Socks

Progress continues on the Canal du Midi socks. I've made it down to the heel flap on sock #2 and there's hope that I'll have the pair done this weekend!

In the meantime, I cast on for a pair of the Gentleman's Fancy Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks. The yarn is Lang Jawoll from Knitsense! Stash knitting too! I can't read and work a twisted stitch pattern very well so I went looking for a good rib pattern. These will be for my stepfather-in-law. My MIL and sFIL spend their summers in Montana so I'd like to have their socks done before they leave in May.

What do you think of the color? Is it too bright to be a manly sock?

Lastly, I made Yarnival! Go check it out! There are some really interesting blog posts in this issue!