Thursday, May 31, 2007

FO: Craftaholic Orchid Socks

Pattern: Craftaholic's Orchid Sock pattern
Yarn: Woolarina Superwash Sock
Needles: US 2 for the first 4 inches, then US 1
Modifications: This is a toe-up pattern but I knit it top down, without reversing the row order. Also, I only used the lace pattern on the front, with extended ribbing followed by stockinette stitch in the back.
Here is a view of the back. The extra ribbing and stockinette in back was inspired by Nancy Bush's Canal du Midi pattern that I knit up in April.


One thing that I love about these socks is the striping on the bottoms of the feet.


I really can't say enough about this yarn. It felt like soft Koigu with similar twist. I love the striping too, although it only striped when I knit on US 1s, pooling a bit on US 2s. Since these are for me, I'll be able to give you a review of how the yarn wears later this year - a bonus!

I'm horribly behind on Bloglines, please forgive me! I've been reading everything but haven't had much time for comments. I'll get back next week when school starts up again and I'm not on full-time baby care. Speaking of which, how do you stay-at-home moms do it? I'm exhausted and crazy from two weeks of sitter-free baby duty!