Monday, April 03, 2006

I've been using up leftover balls of Knit Picks Shine from several recent projects. Last summer, I made a bunch of little striped baby tank tops. I used the tank top pattern in size 0-3 mos from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits book. Like all Debbie Bliss patterns, the sizing was way too big and the 0-3 mos size actually fits 6-9 mos. I've been meaning to adjust the pattern to fit a newborn, 0-3 mos, and 3-6 mos. I think a set of these tops in each size would be a really cool baby shower gift. They've been a big hit with recipients. Here are the two tanks I knit up last week. The blue one is the standard 6-9 mos size. The little one is for a newborn.














For the blue one, I used KP Shine in River and Sky. The newborn sweater is made out of KP Shine Sky and Green Apple.

I'm bent on using up the rest of these scraps. I have some Shine in Cream, Turquoise, River, Sky and Green Apple. Any ideas? I've thought of making hats to match but hat sizes can be so variable with babies. On the other hand, this yarn is pretty stretchy. I'd have to make a lot of hats to chew through my leftovers. I have about a full ball of each color and a little more of Sky.

I've been coveting some Cascade 220 Superwash that is CHEAP on eBay (so go buy it knit bloggers - keep me away from it!) Back in December, I was so distressed by the amount of yarn I accumulated in under 6 weeks that I decided I'm not buying ANYTHING until the stash is reduced. This includes Cascade Superwash, which happens to be my most favorite yarn on the planet. At least, it is this week.

*sigh*

Happy knitting, everyone!