Wednesday, January 25, 2006

While I have no knitting content to report, I've been doing a lot of sewing in the last week. My mom sent me the diaper bag turned knitting bag she used when I was a kid. It was made of lime green corduroy and lined with a green and pink calico. I have always wanted a bag like it and so my mother-in-law showed me how to measure the original bag to make a pattern. Soon, I had three bags made! The first bag was electric pink canvas with a light green polka dot liner. Once I realized how easy the bag was, I made two more - an electric blue one with large blue flower print on the inside and a red one with a black polka polka dot liner. I only thought to take pictures of the pink one. Anyway, I hope this will be a great knitting bag. It will certainly hold multiple projects!

Also, I've just learned that the baby I've been knitting for will be a girl and she's due in a week or so. I found some flannel print for a little blanket for her as well. I bought the flannel because Ihad a blanket as a kid made out of the same stuff and I just like it a lot. Here's the baby blankie.

I'll be back to knitting soon with some FO pictures from the blue baby sweater. Thanks to everyone who emailed me about the Colinette. I think I will stick to the scarf - you are all right - it is good scarf yarn!