Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Lots of things to catch up on! First, many many thanks to my kickass Secret Pal who is making my knitting life way easier. I received these two handy tools recently - a yarn cutter you wear around your neck and a cool little sheep tape measure! I haven't opened the cutter yet (and apologies for the sideways pic) but I'm planning on bringing it to my knitting group on Sat. I always end up there looking for something to cut my yarn with - usually it's a butter knife from the cafe so this will be a MUCH better alternative! Also, I'm so excited that my little sheepy measure is black. I identify completely with the black sheep!


And speaking of black sheep, I would like to hereby declare that I think I am the only knitter on the planet not participating in the Knitter's Olympics. My knitting friends are doing it, bloggers I read are doing it, my Secret Pal is doing it - even a lady from one of my LYS is in. I realize that 2500 knitters signed up - if anything, that makes me want to boycott the games on principle. Why? I'm a black sheep. :-)

Finally, here's the best reason I have for being a complete bum about exercising, knitting, blogging and responding to email:

I've been too busy running to the bathroom and wondering when morning/midday/afternoon/evening/night sickness will end. They say 12 weeks. I passed 12 weeks and I'm waiting patiently. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy about the kid thing. But if another old lady tells me how wonderful, happy and FUN pregnancy is, there will be violence...

Anyway, the kid is due 8/17 (the first day of classes, I might add!) Well-timed, eh? We aren't going to find out if it's a boy or girl - I am just content to know that there is only one in there!

I wish I could say this means lots of baby knitting but until I feel better, there will be no knitting happening. Besides, I'm not so sure how I feel about knitting for my own kid. Isn't that like counting the chickens before they've hatched??? Am I crazy? Opinions???