Thursday, July 27, 2006

My Secret Pal ROCKS!

Check it out - remember that newborn cap my secret pal sent? You know, the only newborn-sized cap I have for the baby? Next up, my pal sent a ball of Cascade Fixation and the pattern!!!!! I'm so excited. After she told me she had made it out of Fixation, I had planned on buying some of it to try it out on my own. After all, elasticized yarn seems perfect for a kid's hat. Thanks so much for the yarn and pattern, S. Pal!! It's my favorite color too - lime green. Well, OK - I've noticed that while I haven't had any pregnancy cravings, I've had color cravings! Isn't that strange? So right now I'm on a green kick. Who knows what next week will be?



Next, a nearly FO:

I need buttons but even the ends are woven in. I usually ask Aaron to pick out the buttons because my taste in buttons has proved to be rotten. So it looks like we're in for a trip to the button shop for both this sweater and the red one I posted yesterday.

That's a lot of knitting in one day, I realize. I was up at 3:30 a.m. because I've reached that point in pregnancy when no position is comfortable. I spent most of my day knitting on the bouncy birth ball. *sigh* I cannot wait until this is over. I am making a list of things I intend to do upon the birth of this kiddo:
1. drink the margarita I've been craving in the heat
2. sleep on my belly
3. turn over in bed with out using a 5-point turn
4. get up from a chair in a reasonable amount of time
5. run
OK, the last one will take a while but I'm really missing the exercise at this point. So no real exercise before knitting, as the blog name implies. Just knitting.