Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lots of Knitting, No Blogging

Check it out - my secret pal ROCKS!!!! Do you see that adorable newborn cap??? And superwash sock yarn! Score! She also sent a really cute little stitch holder shaped like a piece of cherry pie, some sock patterns, a cute sheep card and some chocolate. What? You don't see the chocolate in the picture??? Oh... need I remind you that I'm pregnant???

Thank you so much, secret pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time flies when you're knitting, I suppose! I have GOBS of FOs to show! Are the Most Boring Socks one of those FOs? Of course not. I've made no progress on them. I need a break. I'll get back to them soon. For now, I'm on a stash clearing mission:

1.) A baby cardigan from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits Book using Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. I hate the buttons. I can't decide if I'm willing to take them off and put new ones on.
2.) A cardigan from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits book using Debbie Bliss wool/cotton from my stash. The sweater needs buttons but is otherwise completed. I loved this pattern. I think I'll make more. The gauge is perfect for Knit Picks Shine Sport. I don't really care for this yarn but it's been sitting in my stash for 2 years. What else could I do with 3 balls of it? I still have some left over so I might try to squeeze a pair of booties out of it.

3.) A baby raglan sweater from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits Book in Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. I was going through LOTS of Cotton-Ease last week. I'm almost out. I might check out eBay to see if I can find more.

4.) My current baby project is a hooded kaftan from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits book. It has embroidery on it but I think I'll skip it because I don't think it would look so good with this yarn. The yarn is Plymouth Encore DK in a brown heather. I have 6 balls of this and have not been able to find a use for it. I think I'll try to get some baby sweaters out of it since it is machine washable/dryable.

5.) Finished seed stitch hoodie from Phildar Layette. Remember when I started this last spring? I wanted the needles back so I just finished it. I still have one of these Phildar hoodies on needles. I'll get to that soon. :-)