Sunday, October 22, 2006

Eyelet Vest

Well, I can't believe this but I've actually started and finished a baby sweater in the post-partum period. It's a good thing I learned how to knit while nursing - otherwise my knitting days would be over with! I still need to find a button for the back and a ribbon to run through the eyelet holes but the everything else is done. Take a look:


Pattern: Eyelet Vest from Debbie Bliss' "Special Knits" book
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport in Orchid
Needles: US4
Modifications: I knit in the round until the armholes because I wanted to minimize the amount of seaming. I can knit while nursing. I can't seam while nursing.

So what's next, you ask? I still need to finish the most boring socks on the planet - remember those?

Ugh. This is not a sock I look forward to working on but I'm almost done with the second sock so I'd be a fool to let them sit on the shelf, right? I also need to knit the thumb on my second Lapland Mitten. Can you believe that I've done everything but the thumb? How pathetic.