Monday, October 09, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I’m not really too picky about yarn. I like just about everything but old school Red Heart. Lately, I’ve been making lots of socks and baby stuff so washable yarn is GREAT. I’ve been knitting a bunch with Knit Picks yarn – that’s some of my favorite stuff too. I'm also pretty excited that Lion Brand is bringing back Cotton-Ease. That was a great yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Several colored vases. I’m not very good about putting needles back into a case so the vases are easier for me.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Six years. Intermediate to advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. An Amazon and Knit Picks wish lists. If you want the KP one, I'll have to email it to you. They aren't as sophisticated as Amazon.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I’m actually allergic to some body care products. As for scents, I like subtle ones.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Of course! I love chocolate but I'm trying to lose the baby weight so I'm staying away from it for now.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I sew when necessary.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes. Anything but country.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love blue but I buy too much of it, I think. There aren't really any colors I can't stand. I like both bright and muted colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, a baby girl and two mutts.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I don't wear ponchos and I rarely wear hats but yes to the others!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, mittens and baby items.

13. What are you knitting right now? A scarf and a baby tank dress.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like straights and DPNs but certainly use circs when necessary. My favorites are Brittany birch needles but I'm interested to try the Knit Picks circulars.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?Who's counting??

18. What is your favorite holiday?Summer ones.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Other than yarn? Nope. I’m actively trying to clear out my house of junk. My husband is a pack rat. He’s the collector.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I'm not too big on magazines - I buy books instead. There aren't any books I'm dying for. There are a few on my Amazon list that I'm interested in. I'm sort of interested in those sock blockers but I've never seen a real one in person. You know, to block the four socks (not pairs, mind you) that I make a year.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd like to improve my intarsia skills.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? You bet. Ankle: 7.75". Heel - toe: 9.5"

23. When is your birthday? 12/03