Sunday, February 11, 2007

Another Cascade 220 Sweater

After many attempts, I finally got a representative photo of the other sweater I told you about on Friday. Man, is red hard to capture!!! I think it's worse than navy blue. The shell buttons are actually light green but you can't really tell from this picture.

Pattern: Seed Stitch & Cable Jacket from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits Book
Yarn: Cascade 220
Needles: US 7

I thought I was done with my post about the green hoodie but today, my little monkey girl fell dead asleep and Aaron and I couldn't pass up the photo opportunity. This kid doesn't sleep often, you know! So here are some more pictures for you.


A couple of you asked for the pattern and I promise that I'll put it up sometime this spring. Right now, it consists of illegible scribbles on graph paper with coffee stains. Nice, eh? Besides, I only wrote it for 3 and 6 months and I'd like to size it up for 9 and 12 months too. With school in full swing, it might take me a while. Fortunately, Zarah has agreed to be a test knitter for me! Anyone else interested? Hopefully, by the time I get the pattern up, you'll be able to see several versions of it.

Now for some secret baby knitting. You won't likely see this finished product for a while since it's my side project (how many of those is one allowed anyhow?) but it's a baby sweater for a newly pregnant friend. With booties to match. I love booties. This kind actually stays on the kid's feet too!!!

The yarn is nothing to write home about. It's Plymouth Encore Worsted. I'm pretty sure the recipient won't be up for wool care. What can I say? Not everyone will enjoy the woolen baby sweater, right?