Friday, March 23, 2007

Nancy: The Only Bush that Ought to be President

All politics aside, isn't Nancy Bush the greatest?? I started the Child's First Sock from Vintage Socks this week using some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport yarn in Boldly Red. I suspect that these socks will take a bit longer to knit because I stop to admire how the pattern is coming out every few rows!


The richness of this yarn was difficult for me to capture. Perhaps I'll get The Photographer to take the FO photos!

Remember the Nancy Bush inspired socks? They might as well be called Elinor Can't Read socks but nonetheless, I like how they turned out.

Pattern: mis-read Gentleman's Sock in Railway Stitch from Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish
Needle: US 2

I have finally finished a pair of socks for Aaron! I'm ashamed to admit that there are two other pairs of socks intended for him in the UFO pile. He was beginning to believe he'd never get a pair, I think!

Next, some stash expansion! First, J. Knits superwash sock yarn in 'Newburyport'. I admit that I bought this yarn almost entirely because I used to live outside of Newburyport and I liked that the color was plum, as in nearby Plum Island! It was a total impulse buy, I admit it.


Next, some Koigu solid sock yarn that I bought yesterday on a quick trip to Kansas City. We were on the Country Club Plaza and when I pointed out that The Studio was only up the street, no one objected too loudly so I convinced them to let me pop in.
Given recent stash expansions, I have decided to go on a yarn diet. My last yarn diet lasted 14 months. I have incredible willpower. I need to jump back on the wagon because my stash is getting too big for my taste! I need to go track down one of those tacky tickers announcing how many days that it's been since I bought yarn!!!

I'll leave you with some really cool baby knitting: Saartje's mom. Go check it out. I need to make a sweater just like that! I'd have to reconstruct the pattern but it doesn't look too bad.