Friday, March 30, 2007

Yarn Diet: False Start

While some people need to eat that huge piece of chocolate cake before starting a new food diet, I apparently need one (or three) last yarn purchases to prepare myself for months of stash knitting. Truthfully, I had intended to buy enough sock yarn to make two pairs of socks for my in-laws to thank them for all the babysitting they've been doing; however, I bought enough for three pairs! Bad knitter!

Lorna's Laces (I'm in love) Shepherd Sock in Pewter for my stepfather-in-law,
Louet Gems in Fern Green for my mother-in-law
and Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Chocolate for me - the reason? I only own one pair of handknit socks. I don't even know how that is possible. And with so much work to do in these two weeks, I've been bribing myself with the promise of lots of sock knitting. Some people eat chocolate, I knit chocolate colored yarn. At least I won't gain any weight, right?
Finally, slow progress on Ida's socks. I've finished the first one and started the second but now I'm just knitting a few rows here and there. I'll pick them up again next weekend. Check out the cool striping!



Finally, go check out Kelley Petkun's blog- she and her husband own Knit Picks, my favorite not-so-local yarn store! I found the link to her blog on the much needed, newly redesigned Knit Picks site!