Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My First Successful Sewing Experience, Part 3 of 3

Pattern: Reversible dress and diaper cover from McCall's M2213


What I learned from this dress is that whenever possible, make dresses reversible!! Actually, I think I came to that conclusion when I made the red dress, which calls for interfacing, after making this, which is completely reversible. Interfacing is a pain.

This is a bit too big for B so she probably won't get much use out of it until next summer. The picture below is my favorite.

One note about yesterday's post... I didn't mean to be down on designer fabric or yarn. After all, don't forget that I bought it because I liked the print! I guess I prefer the control of the finished product that knitting affords. Designer fabrics can be quickly identified but, as Stacey so aptly commented, "Grey worsted wool - well, that could be one of 100 brands!"

I still have some sewing projects going on but the knitting will return to the blog soon. In fact, I've been holding out on you. I've been working on a sweater all week! I haven't made any sweaters in ages (and they all pre-date the blog) because I was either pregnant or nursing and I didn't want to invest so much time in something I wouldn't wear for very long. I think it's time to return to some sweater knitting! More details soon!