Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ack! Where did my comments go?

Yes, that's right, I think I deleted all the comments from my blog when I moved to Haloscan comments. Sorry, folks! But at least now, I'll be able to WRITE YOU BACK when you leave me a note!!! I really dislike Blogger's comment system and I finally got around to changing so you'll all hear more from me in the future!! I've also just upgraded my Blogger template so if things look funky to you, please let me know, OK?

OK, so lots of you like how the stripes look in ribbing. I'm glad I'm in the minority. I really do like how Regia's Canadian Fashion colors look. I have a ball of Toronto too that I'll be knitting up soon. I might try using several inches of ribbing and a stockinette sock. Just for kicks. All because you people say it really works. If they don't stay up, I'll gift them to someone with more cooperative legs. How about that?

Some great packages arrived at my doorstep this week. First, a Knit Picks order with some Telemark for colorwork,
some grey Swish Superwash for some muted socks,
and 32" circular needles in sizes 0 and 1.
Next, a care package containing some sock yarn, a great pair of wristwarmers, a Magic Loop booklet and a running diary!!!! Thanks, SP! You rock!
All will come in handy, I suspect. I'm really stoked about getting back to logging runs.

Yesterday, I tried out the jogging stroller again and miraculously enough, Beatrix fell asleep and I ran/walked for 90 minutes. I think it was at least five miles. Rock on. Unfortunately, I'm exhausted today. Maybe I was a little too excited. I started out intending to walk around the block but I wore exercise clothes just in case B fell asleep. When I was out, I started planning out how I could do this every afternoon and it would be a great way to kill time and get back to running shape. I will not get ahead of myself. I have no expectations. If she lets me run during the day, great. If not, I'll stick to my evening routine.

So, where were we? Oh yeah, packages that came... One last one: an order of Bum Genius cloth diapers. I'm a new convert. We've been using diapers I made, cotton prefolds with Bummis covers and a few handmade pocket diapers. Let me tell you, these diapers are so much better. They allegedly fit babies 8-35 lbs. There's this ingenious snap system that allows you to shorten or lengthen the diaper to fit and then the tabs are stretchy. Brilliant. I'm not giving up prefolds, however. Those poofy prefold diapers are versatile and, frankly, much cheaper than the Bum Genius diapers. We'll use the BG diapers when we leave the house, I think.

Finally, a progress report on my Cable Twist socks. I'm still working on #1 but the end is in sight.
I hope to finish this one this weekend and maybe start #2. I start back to school on Monday so we'll see how much knitting I get done next week. I'm really nervous about going back to school. I had to drop down lots of hours last semester because I had a 2 week old baby. I know that there is a huge difference between 2 weeks and 5 months in terms of how much B needs me but I'm still really nervous about it. It will be fine, I'm sure.