Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter Sunrise Pattern

I'm back! We had a wonderful time in Boston, visiting my family and dropping by the boarding school I attended to see all of the changes. One of the reasons for the trip was that my cousin Ida was home from Stockholm so it was a chance for us to see her! Go visit her - she blogs about life as a "love immigrant" in Sweden. I'm trying to convince her that she needs a knitting addiction now that she's in the land of knitters!

Thanks for all of your comments about my new hat. I am totally in love with it. Unfortunately, I've just realized that it looks pretty bad with my bright blue down coat. I guess most people make their winter knits match their winter coats. Maybe I need to buy a new coat to match my hat! That would be a new low, I think, don't you?

Here are some more hat pictures. I'm quite smitten with it, particularly the colors. And the crown 'X'. I've posted the pattern in the sidebar, if you're interested in it.

In other knitting news, I broke into one of those self-striping skeins of Regia (Canadian Fashion Color #4730, "Montreal") on the way to Boston. I'm halfway into the second sock.
I picked a generic 2x2 rib because we were on our way out the door and I did not have any time to find a pattern that would show off the stripes. I definitely dislike how the stripes look in the rib but the rest of the sock is OK. I think I'll make a pair of Jaywalkers with the second skein of Regia wool. I'm going to send Ida some socks - maybe the Jaywalkers will be just the thing.