Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Regia Montreal Socks

Another FO!! Well, I've been working on these for the last two weeks so it's not as if I turned these babies out in the last day or two.



I love the feet but I really hate the ribbing. Ugh. It's a good thing my pant legs will cover that up! Stacey noted that the reason the Jaywalker pattern took off was because good patterns for self-striping yarn are so hard to find. I totally agree. Ribbing and self-striping do not work well together, as you can see below.
This brings me to another issue. For those of you that knit socks without a ribbed leg, how do your socks stay up??? I have to have a ribbed leg or a pattern that functions the way ribbing does in order to keep my socks up. ESPECIALLY with sock yarn. Heavier yarn helps stand the sock up. What do you sock experts say? Is there a secret? I see knitters knitting stockinette socks with a few inches of ribbing and I just wonder if those socks are worn bunched around the ankles.

Speaking of socks, there is a new pair on my needles. Another pair of Cable Twist Socks because I liked knitting the first pair so much! I think I'll send these to my aunt. The yarn is Knit Picks Swish Superwash in Baby Blue from my latest stash expansion. I've been wearing the white pair a lot these days because of the extremely cold days we've had and I *love* them. I need pairs in all colors!!