Friday, April 27, 2007

Contest Winners!

Thanks to a random number generator, the winners are as follows:

1. Green cotton sock yarn: Kodachrome
2. Blue wool fingering weight: Megan
3. Spring 2007 Interweave Knits: EnnaVic

Congratulations to all winners! I will send out emails in the morning, I'm afraid I'm too tired this evening. If you read the blog before you get your email, send me an email at elinor AT knitlawrence DOT org with your name and address and I'll get the loot out to you next week!

Many of you commented about particular blogs missing from my Bloglines list. I must confess that several months ago, my blogroll grew larger than I was publicly willing to admit so most of my newer subscriptions are now private. More than anything, a larger than a 150-count blogroll would take up way too much space in my sidebar and until I move it to its own page, that's what you get.

So many of you lurkers came out of the woodwork! I'm looking forward to getting to know you through your blogs! To that end, I was thinking of featuring a new blog read at the end of a post, every so often. With a list of new commenters a mile long, I should have fodder through the summer!

Here are some new blogs to add to YOUR blogrolls. I know I've left some off (not intentionally, to be sure) but I'm too tired to add more links. You can look back through the comments from the last post. I had intended to alphabetize the links but, as you can see, I am an incredibly lazy person.

archivistontheedge.com Mean Girl
Aloha N Oreos
http://norwayneedles.blogspot.com/
bella knitting
Bev's Projects
Spunky Eclectic
Chocolate Sheep
Coloursknits
dogged.
elevenstitches
fluffyknitterdeb.blogspot.com
Green apples - a knitting blog
heavenly days
veronikavery.com/blog
i dream of knitting
I KNIT 2
b r o o k l y n t w e e d
The Invisible Handy Wipe
The Keyboard Biologist Knits
knit and tonic
Knits & Pieces
Knitting to Stay Sane
Librarian-in-Training
lomester
Midnight Purls
mind of winter
miss ewe knits
Mustaa villaa
My Fashionable Life
Neither Hip Nor Funky
Northwest Knitter
pieKnits
Posie Gets Cozy
Random Knits
Ruth's Crafterlies
Sheepish Annie
sknitty
Smoking Hot Needles
Socks-For-Mum
stash, knit, repeat
Tales from the Den of Chaos
What Housework?
Yarn Is My Métier
Yarn Miracle
Yarn Pirate
Yarnmonster
yarnstorm
Yo La Tejo
brainylady
dogged.
Dogs Steal Yarn
Fickleknitter
Fricknits
g.bella knits
Go Felt Yourself!
In The Pink
january one
knitspot
Lolly Knitting Around
On and Off The Needles
Pat's Knitting and Quilting
pepperknit
The Plucky Knitter
theraineysisters.com
tiennie knits
Twinknit
Two Left Needles
Walnut Cheeks

I must say that I found what other people look for in a knitting blog very interesting . When I look at a new blog, I want the author to show me something new, teach me how to do something or offer useful technique and/or pattern advice. And then there are the pictures. I admit that I look at your pictures before I read anything that you've written. For example, if I were reading this particular post, I would scan for pictures and seeing none, would sigh and mutter something about the blog author's long-winded ramblings before moving on to something more colorful. I assume that other bloggers feel similarly so that's why I almost always post lots of pictures. Or as my dad says, "pitchiz".