Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I did a lot of knitting over the weekend because I was really nervous about having my wisdom teeth pulled today (only local anesthesia... so awful!) I finished the kimono but I haven't yet pieced it. I've been working on mittens because it is so cold right now. These two mittens came from Folk Mittens, one of my favorite books. I can't remember the brand of yarn I used for the gray mitten but it is 100% wool.


The Lapland mitten is made of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. This will be the fifth or sixth time I've made these mittens. I love the pattern. I've tried many color combinations but I like the suggested combination best. The mittens in this book (for the most part) are unlike other mittens I've made in that they are really thick and fit close to the hand so the wearer never has the slippery mitten problem.

I never knit both mittens in a pair together because it is too boring. Sometimes I have to (e.g. at the holidays) but I prefer to space them out if possible.


















Thanks to all of the bloggers for welcoming me to the fold! I think this will be a lot of fun! Now I have to convince the other members of my knitting group to start blogs!