Sunday, June 18, 2006

Progress Report on REALLY Boring Socks

Sock knitters beware: the photos below depict the most boring sock pattern ever!!!! It's killing me. I'm several inches away from the top of Aaron's sock. I'm doing a 3 x 1 rib up from the ankle. It's hard to see the ribbing but you'll see it more clearly when I post an FO picture with Aaron wearing them! I hope will fit around his leg. The DPNs make it impossible for him to try it on. I suppose I could take out the DPNs, string it on a piece of scrap yarn and then have him try it on but I've just decided I'll frog it a few inches if necessary. At least I made it to the ankle. Why do men have such long feet??? Ugh - it took forever!




I fit in lots of knitting this week because I was really tired and spent much of my free time on the couch. It must have been a baby growth spurt! I've posted more recent belly pictures over on my Flickr account, in case you're interested. There are only about 8 weeks left. I've been having little discussions with the kid about how it should really come in about 5 weeks but I don't know if it's getting the message.

Speaking of baby arrivals, go congratulate Cari on the birth of the long awaited Thumper!!!!

Finally, I'll leave you with a picture of Jacques asleep on the couch. This dog sleeps on his back with all four paws in the air and his mouth open. I think he's actually drooling in this picture. He is such an old man dog. *sigh*.